- Why do poor people vote for the Conservative Party in the UK?
- (tags: uk Conservatives advertising poverty )
- How a ‘bent’ policeman could be key to clearing a man’s name, 40 years on
- (tags: police crime OhForFucksSake viaFJM )
- A Failure of Intelligence - how the British Bomber Command failed to identify a massive German threat to their planes
- Bomber Command told the crews that their chances of survival would increase with experience, and the crews believed it. They were told, After you have got through the first few operations, things will get better. This idea was important for morale at a time when the fraction of crews surviving to the end of a 30-operation tour was only about 25 percent. I subdivided the experienced and inexperienced crews on each operation and did the analysis, and again, the result was clear. Experience did not reduce loss rates. The cause of losses, whatever it was, killed novice and expert crews impartially. This result contradicted the official dogma, and the Command never accepted it.
(tags: uk history fail wwii airplanes )
- German police raid homes of men plotting to kill left-wing leaders
- (tags: violence murder Germany fascism )
- 10 Disney Princesses Re-imagined as Electoral Maps
- (tags: voting Disney viaSwampers funny )
- Toyota Research Institute head says full autonomous driving is not even close
- (tags: cars automation driving )
- Some facts on making money as a writer
- (tags: writing business money )
- Outline business case published for taking trams to Newhaven
- (tags: trams edinburgh )
- Why Those Floating Fire Ant Colonies in Texas Are Such Bad News
- (tags: insects water usa ants )
- Eating triggers endorphin release in the brain
- I hadn't realised that endorphins were opioids. And now it makes sense that opioids reduce interest in food - they're part of how the body regulates food intake!
(tags: food brain )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.