- When nursing homes don't understand probability you have a problem.
(tags: healthcare suicide probability )
- One in five child deaths in England preventable - worst countries for child death also the most unequal
(tags: inequality death children )
- Fast-paced TV shows don't harm preschoolers' concentration
(tags: tv children concentration )
- A recent supreme court ruling on patents has wide-reaching effects
(tags: patents usa law )
- Reuters has carried out a massive investigation into rising sea levels. Can you guess what they found?
(tags: ocean usa politics globalwarming )
- How IPv6 knocked a chunk of the MIT network offline
(tags: ipv6 internet )
- How app developers use "viral loops" to pull in more users
(tags: viral marketing )
- BBC1 viewers have a median age of 59. On BBC2 it's 60.
(tags: age bbc )
- TV is increasingly for old people
(tags: tv age )
- Playboy weighs in on the nude celebrity thefts
(tags: playboy nudity celebrity )
- I am a dog addict. Posts like this are basically my methadone
(tags: addiction dogs )
- Changing history in a useful way is _hard_
(tags: history scifi timetravel )
- YouGov release their first poll to show Yes in the lead.
(tags: Scotland independence polls )
- Interview with an Auschwitz Guard: 'I Do Not Feel Like a Criminal'
(tags: Auschwitz Holocaust jews nazis interview )
- Against Primaries
(tags: politics elections voting )
- Police telling victims to solve crimes by themselves
(tags: police UK WTF )
- How is a binary executable organized? Let's explore it!
(tags: files computers )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.