Interesting Links for 21-07-2014
- When Rhode Island accidentally legalized prostitution, rape (and STDs) decreased sharply
- How effective was the Paris ban on pro-Palestine demonstrations?
- Single mothers do just as good a job as couples (once you take poverty into account)
- A nice rant on edge cases and the fallibility of medicine
To be taken with a pinch of salt, a lot of carefulness, and a bunch of research
- Ever wondered how games work out the path your minions should take? This is how
- Game of Thrones theme song played by the Queen's guards
- Labour rules out immediate public spending increase
- Indie titles without DRM sell twice as many copies each, on average, as those with DRM.
- Labour has formally pledged to include further devolved powers for the Scottish Parliament in its manifesto
- The Japanese diplomat who saved 6,000 Jews from genocide during WWII
- How has technology changed since the Moon Landings? And why?
- Concept of cuteness is hardwired from age of three
- Why the modern bathroom is a wasteful, unhealthy design
- It's time for Western psychology to recognise that many individuals, and even entire cultures, fear happiness
- The science, and art, of turbulence
- The Cornish beaches where Lego keeps washing up
- ‘Innovation and standardisation’ keep China’s high-speed rail costs low
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.