- Jacquard Looms! I didn't know there were still working ones!
(tags: history computers clothing )
- Towards psychohistory - the limits of harnessing data to predict the future of society.
(tags: thefuture predictions society )
- Things I Won't Work With: Dioxygen Difluoride.
(tags: chemistry dangerous )
- Be careful on your birthday
(tags: birthday viafanf )
- Financially speaking, how viable is an Independent Scotland?
(tags: scotland independence economics )
- Brighton plans safe rooms for addicts to inject drugs. Huzzah!
(tags: CommonSense uk drugs )
- If you're going to insert an eel into your anus, pick one without teeth...
(tags: sex epicfail )
- Godel, Escher, Bach, and the gateway to hell. Some innovative uses for QR codes.
(tags: technology art )
- Portugal manages three months with 70% of its power from renewable sources.
(tags: renewables electricity portugal )
- New music is rewarding for the brain
(tags: music )
- News is bad for you – and giving up reading it will make you happier
Yes, I know this is somewhat hypocritical. But I also think it contains several very good points.
(tags: news hypocrisy happiness )
- UK Minimum wage to increase to £6.31
(tags: uk wages )
- E-Book Subscriptions Are Coming (I wonder what authors think of that)
(tags: ebooks )
- John Cleese on the 5 Factors to Make Your Life More Creative
(tags: JohnCleese creativity )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.