- Press reform proposal discussions break down. (Cameron apparently capable of not crossing red lines. Unlike Clegg.)
(tags: politics uk newspapers media )
- If you exclude finance and oil, the UK is actually doing pretty well.
(tags: uk economics finance energy )
- The BBFC doesn't cover media that's internet-only. Only a matter of time before people take advantage of that.
(tags: uk censorship tv movies bbfc )
- People reverse their opinion of economic policy when you attach politicians names to them.
(tags: politics economics polls )
- It is alarmingly easy to strip someone's British Citizenship
(tags: uk citizenship )
- Interesting stuff on gender differences in reading/maths abilities across different societies
(tags: reading gender mathematics )
- Super Terrific Japanese Thing: Vagina Bread.
(tags: bread vagina viaJohnSmith )
- Digital comics publisher goes bankrupt. All the comics their customers "bought" become unreadable.
(tags: drm epicfail comics )
- The new pope on women in politics.
(tags: politics catholicism women )
- I agree with Hitler (admittedly, about Google Read being shut down)
(tags: hitler google googlereader funny rss video )
- Britney Spears’s ‘...Baby One More Time’ is fifteen years old. Golly.
(tags: music BritneySpears )
- Shouldn't writers be making a difference rather than indulging in escapism?
(tags: life writing )
- The former head of the Anglican Church prefers GRRM to JRRT
(tags: Tolkien GeorgeRRMartin vianwhyte ChurchOfEngland )
- How the Pope's announcement almost killed one cyclist.
(tags: funny exercise vianwhyte pope )
- What happened to the Disney Princesses next? (Funny, and very well sung)
(tags: music funny disney video )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.