- Scottish storms resurrect World War 2 lard, delivers it to locals from the depths of the sea.
(tags: scotland wwii food )
- Eastercon now has a code of conduct. (Sadly, I can't afford to go. A shame, as I was really looking forward to it.)
(tags: behaviour conventions fandom )
- Widget Factories vs Film Crews - two models of organising teams. Very nice metaphor.
(tags: work organisation viaHirez )
- How The Oculus Rift will change gaming. (Not convinced, but do really want to try one).
(tags: technology gaming )
- Catholic hospital reportedly turning rape victims away
(tags: catholicism germany rape )
- The Serif Readability Myth
(tags: reading font )
- What if there was a robot apocalypse? How long would humanity last? (funny _and_ true)
(tags: robots apocalypse )
- Leprosy spreads by reprogramming your cells.
(tags: leprosy disease )
- We Must Choose Privacy Or Medical Breakthroughs
(tags: privacy medicine science )
- Mathematicians aim to take publishers out of publishing
(tags: mathematics academia )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.