- Today we celebrate Petrov Day - the man who decided not to destroy the world (No, really)
(tags: russia nuclearweapons epicwin )
- 10 most overused opening sentences in personal statements for university applications
(tags: university )
- London's surnames overlaid on a map. (Useful for finding all the Cohens)
(tags: viaJack names visualization map london )
- A High Resolution Desktop 3D Printer for $2500. Damned impressive stuff.
(tags: 3dprinting )
- Obamacare Raises Taxes on Highest Earning American by $114 Million
(tags: healthcare usa obama tax )
- How the mere presence of a mobile phone harms face-to-face conversations
(tags: psychology conversation phones )
- Italy upholds rendition convictions for 23 Americans
(tags: law torture usa italy )
- Manufacturers know their drugs don't work, but they hide it from doctors and patients
(tags: medicine fraud research health drugs )
- If every person on Earth aimed a laser pointer at the Moon at the same time, would it change color?
(tags: science moon lasers )
- Can Etsy Go Pro Without Losing Its Soul?
(tags: business etsy )
- IQ correlated with happiness
(tags: intelligence happiness iq )
- Researchers uncover biochemical chain of events needed to maintain an erection
(tags: penis genitals sex men )
- I Know That Feel, Bro: comic/cartoon characters empathise with each other. Terribly cute/sad.
(tags: comics cute )
- Buy a christmas present for someone who's taken refuge from abuse.
(tags: charity christmas abuse )
- A Conversation With Randall Munroe, the Creator of XKCD
(tags: creativity comics xkcd )
- Douchebag attempts to shame woman, gets put in his place _and learns from it_.
(tags: sikh reddit religion beauty gender )
- Buddhist ‘Iron Man’ found by Nazis is from space
Headline of the day!
(tags: tibet viaNWhyte nazis space buddhism )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.