- Some great discussion here about mainframes, and what they're still useful for.
(tags: mainframe computers )
- For poorer children, living in a high-cost area hurts academic development
(tags: poverty inequality education )
- Harvard creates cyborg flesh that’s half man, half machine
(tags: cyborg technology biology thefuture )
- The 5 1/4 inch floppy was designed to be too big for your pocket. (The 3.5 used to fit perfectly into my waistcoat pockets)
(tags: technology history viaLProven )
- What if everyone actually had only one soul mate, a random person somewhere in the world?
(tags: xkcd love relationships )
- Republican Convention Attendee Throws Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman: ‘This Is How We Feed The Animals’
(tags: republicans racism usa )
- Climate change deniers are either extreme free marketeers or conspiracy theorists
(tags: globalwarming psychology conspiracy )
- Naked Soldiers Salute Prince Harry. I absolutely approve.
(tags: military nudity )
- Awesome prosecutor finds _11,000_ untested rape kits, forces police to start investigating them.
(tags: viaSupergee viasu police usa rape )
- Kickstarter is taking the place of record labels. And about time too.
(tags: kickstarter business music )
- Barack Obama inerviewed on Reddit. Now that's geek cred.
(tags: reddit politics usa barackobama )
- A single link that demonstrates the stupidity of the "war on terror".
(tags: headdesk terrorism security_theatre )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.