- R.I.P. Harry Harrison, creator of the Stainless Steel Rat, Bill the Galactic Hero, and Soylent Green
(tags: scifi death )
- 16-year-old Amina Filali Who Was Forced To Marry Her Rapist, Commits Suicide
(tags: rape suicide Morocco )
- Scotland is one of the most genetically diverse nations on the planet (And porridge played a big part in its history)
(tags: scotland genetics history )
- America is now officially made of pi
(tags: viaSupergee geekery pi population usa )
- How To Create A Liberal America
(tags: kickstarter liberal usa )
- See (and buy) 27 concept images for never-made Gaiman Sandman movie
(tags: movies art neilgaiman sandman )
- The C-Word - a follow-up on the "creeper" posts from a few days ago.
(tags: sex socialisation )
- Factcheck: Are health and safety laws a "nonsense"?
(tags: law uk safety health )
- Cats, shockingly, do not cope well with a lack of gravity
(tags: gravity video cats )
- Broadband speeds rise 20% - have doubled in the last three years
Of course, my parents still have less than 1.5MBit, but eventually even they will join the 21st century.
(tags: internet uk broadband )
- Revel in the wisdom of philosophy dog
(tags: funny philosophy dog )
- Wow. Unbreakable glass is _really_ unbreakable.
(tags: glass )
- Why Sexy A-Levels are shutting down
(tags: UK society education media feminism )
- Streaming music revenues up 40% globally, physical media down 12% - tipping point set for 2015
At which point it's streaming media versus downloads - and which one can offer more convenience and choice.
(tags: music thefuture )
- Mutilating girls is not "harm": the extreme relativist strand in anthropology
(tags: circumcision children fgm culture viaFanf )
- You are allowed to run a "Company X ruined my life" site - but possibly only if you don't put advertising on it
(tags: internet web freespeech )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.