- Turns out there are good reasons why 22 school playing fields have been sold off. For a start, 14 of those schools have shut.
(tags: education sport uk )
- Why David Brin Hates Yoda, Loves Radical Transparency.
(tags: starwars transparentsociety DavidBrin privacy )
- How billionaire backers pick America's candidates (This should be conspiracy theory, it's sad that it's blatant fact)
(tags: viaNWhyte usa politics )
- Prisoners and workfare, a pretty appalling situation all round.
(tags: crime prison work pay money )
- The latest greenhouse gas source is....dams.
(tags: water electricity globalwarming )
- The Elephant in the Map Room: The Border Between Israel and Palestine
(tags: israel palestine Jews middle_east maps politics )
- US policemen wonders why people in Canada can't shoot people who ask them questions. Seriously.
(tags: EpicWTF guns canada usa police )
- On the policing of sexual arousal
(tags: psychology FiftyShadesOfGrey sex )
- Steam to challenge Windows Store by offering non-gaming software
(tags: steam valve software business )
- Drugs used on pregnant women to try and prevent lesbian, bisexual and intersex babies
(tags: lgbt children )
- After 34 years, UK audiences will finally see The Shining uncut (I had no idea half an hour was missing!)
(tags: movies stephenking StanleyKubrick )
- Male Contraception Methods You’ve Probably Never Heard Of - and why they can't get research funding
(tags: men contraception research )
- US School Forces Pregnancy Tests on Girls, Kicks out Students Who Refuse or are Pregnant
(tags: education pregnancy usa )
- Police arrest man for looking grumpy near The Olympics. Seriously.
(tags: EpicFail olympics police uk )
- Help prove that ad-supported social networks are not the only way forward - help app.net get off the ground.
(tags: CrowdFunding socialnetworking advertising )
- More prehistoric species of humans found. (Not surprising as evolution isn't linear, but made of sprouts and dies off)
(tags: evolution humans )
- A brief memoir of coding the systems behind the US missile systems in the 1950s. A fascinating slice of history
(tags: history usa computers technology )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.