- Judge: An IP-Address Doesn’t Identify a Person (or BitTorrent Pirate)
(tags: law usa ip piracy copyright )
- I don't remember any company losing the vote on executive pay before. I wonder how they'll react...
(tags: pay finance business uk )
- If money doesn't make you happy, then you probably aren't spending it right
(tags: money happiness psychology )
- Man has both legs amputated, applies for disability benefit & gets asked: 'So, how far can you walk?'
(tags: disabilities welfare uk )
- How to report on Pinterest without coming across as horribly sexist.
(tags: sexism pinterest women internet reporting )
- PE lessons put girls off exercise (and me. I hated them.)
(tags: sports exercise school gender women )
- Have sleep problems? CBT significantly more effective than drugs, especially in the long-term
(tags: sleep drugs cbt )
- Cover art and blurb for the new Iain M. Banks Culture novel. Mine is already on order.
(tags: squee TheCulture IainBanks )
- There are some things that do not require data to back them up.
(tags: funny comic opinion IceCream )
- Kevin Shields interviewed on the My Bloody Valentine remasters
(tags: interview music mybloodyvalentine )
- Murdoch has been the bravest media owner in Britain in the last 40 years
Purely because it's worth hearing the other side of the argument sometimes.
(tags: RupertMurdoch newspapers uk media )
- A fascinating series of posts on theatre, directing and improvisation
(tags: improv acting theatre )
- What should we pay MPs? You won't like the answer.
(tags: uk pay politics )
- Less than half the seats at the last election had Labour and Conservatives in the top two positions
(tags: uk politics libdem Conservatives labour )
- Why is hazing so common, and what do people get out of it?
(tags: bullying hazing assault psychology groups membership )
- E-Mail Confused Osama, and 5 Other Revelations From the Bin Laden Files
(tags: OsamaBinLaden email terrorism technology middle_east )
- One to Two and a half hours jogging per week increases lifespan by six years.
(tags: jogging exercise health lifespan )
- To Hell With The Lot Of Them (A better post on the elections than I wrote, but much of the same thoughts.)
(tags: politics scotland )
- Quiet Hands - on forcing people to conform.
(tags: disability ableism expression children )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.