- Lothian Bus fares look set to rise again » The Journal
(tags: buses edinburgh )
- How movie lawyers destroyed a student's thesis for no good reason
(tags: movies law usa copyright )
- When your gene mapping shows something nasty
(tags: genetics disease mutation )
- Apple still the leading smartphone vendor, Android still the leading OS - somehow MS manage to sell _less_ than last year.
(tags: Apple android microsoft )
- Libyans not keen on democracy, but do want to have a say in how they're governed.
(tags: libya democracy )
- On the Alleged Separateness of Writers of the Future and Scientology
(tags: LRonHubbard Scientology scifi )
- If you were a computer, what would time look like to you?
(tags: computers technology time )
- The successor to ACTA is already here. There needs to be a message that this kind of thing is not on.
(tags: copyright )
- I am fairly sure that the new features in Photoshop are powered by witchcraft
(tags: ClarkesLaw technology photoshop )
- David Cameron knows the drug laws aren't working; his failure to change them is simple cowardice
(tags: davidcameron politics uk drugs )
- Barclays launches Pingit money-sending service for smartphones.
So basically it's a lookup table for the existing Faster Payments System that maps phone numbers to bank accounts. I'd rather have it use email addresses, to be honest. And I'd rather it was an open standard, rather than one bank doing it unilaterally. But still, movement in the right direction.
(tags: banking uk mobile_phones )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.