- When will experiences replace movie theaters?
I think people enjoy passive entertainment a lot, so I don't expect movies to go anywhere. It would be nice to see more "experiences", but I suspect that their cost is going to remain a chunk higher than a movie ticket.
(tags: movies experience life fun museums culture )
- Some detail on what people who identify as "Christian" in the census actually believe
(tags: religion uk census poll )
- Dutch government calls for loosening of copyright law. Could the tide be turning?
(tags: copyright netherlands law government )
- Online RPGs WILL DESTROY YOUR RELATIONSHIP. Unless you play together, of course.
(tags: relationships mmorpg )
- Some common sense on prayer and councils.
What occurred to me, when reading someone else's journal, was that atheists are merely going to be irked by compulsory Christian prayers - but think about the effect it has on a Muslim, Sikh, etc. that in order to represent their constituents they have to sit through the prayers of a different religion.
(tags: religion politics uk )
- Game of Thrones Valentine's Day cards
(tags: gameofthrones valentines_day )
- The UK devolved rights to Antarctica to Scotland - by mistake. Now they want them back.
(tags: scotland antarctic uk oil )
- The BBC replaces the word "Palestine" with the sound of breaking glass. No, really.
(tags: bbc palestine israel censorship )
- Firefox Roadmap for 2012
(tags: firefox web 2012 )
- This video is genius. Horrific, hilarious, genius. I can't say more than that without spoiling it.
(tags: horror funny nsfw video )
- What If All the Cats in the World Suddenly Died?
(tags: cats )
- Chocolate + Apple = best valentine's present evar.
(tags: valentines_day apple chocolate ipad )
- Shitstorm 'best English gift to German language'
(tags: english german language )
- Being left/right-handed affects your preferences
(tags: handedness psychology )
- Game Developer Gives 7-Year-Old Best Birthday Present Ever
(tags: awesome children computer_games )
- 9 Essential Skills Kids Should Learn
(tags: children development )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.