- Why TechCrunch is boring, SAP is not, and the world has gone mad
(tags: business technology process )
- Google now graphs functions you search for.
(tags: google graphing math )
- Infant male circumcision is genital mutilation
(tags: circumcision mutilation babies )
- An interview with Vincent Connare, creator of Comic Sans
(tags: font comicsans interview microsoft )
- If You’re Busy, You’re Doing Something Wrong: The Surprisingly Relaxed Lives of Elite Achievers
(tags: productivity success work passion achievement )
- On the impracticality of making a cheeseburger from scratch
(tags: food )
- The 25 Funniest Autocorrects Of DYAC’s First Year- - #14 and #8 damn near killed me.
(tags: funny autocorrect )
- Hillary Clinton declares 'gay rights are human rights'
(tags: rights lgbt usa )
- When you adopt a grizzly bear. Dammit. I want one now.
(tags: bears cute )
- A push to end male-succession for peers in the UK. (Or they could get rid of them entirely)
(tags: uk politics inheritance lords )
- RIPE trying to push retroactive contracts onto customers.
(tags: RIPE internet contracts )
- Red Cross says violent videogames may violate Geneva conventions. (Completely lost the plot)
(tags: games redcross war ComputerGames )
- H&M; Puts Real Model Heads On Fake Bodies.
(tags: photoshop models cgi advertising )
- What to expect from the anti-gay marriage brigade (Anyone for bingo?)
(tags: lgbt marriage )
- How To Cook Perfect Rice Without A Rice Cooker (and store it for months)
(tags: rice cooking recipe )
- The problem isn’t you. The problem is the problem.
(tags: advice problems )
- Don't Be A Free User
(tags: business free money )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
the best decade for modern music started in
The best decade for movies started in
The best decade for modern fiction started in
The best decade for computer games started in
The best decade for TV started in
*Feel free to argue amongst yourselves in the comments as to when decades, centuries and millennia begin/end - for decades I'm going to go with "the second-least-significant digit changes".)
**I mean "Let's start an argument about how awesome/awful the 80s were."
***The novel, of course, goes back a lot further, but having havered**** over what point to pick for the start, I decided "fuck it" and went for 1900 to make it match movies and music. I could have started music in 1890 too, so feel free to complain about _that_ in the comments, along with complaining that it's not fair to not be able to vote for the decade including Mary Anne Evans*****.
*****You can google****** her if you want to know.
******Assuming that I'm wilfully causing the loss of a trademark to Google Inc. by using the word "google" in a generic sense to mean "search", is it right to use it in lower case?