- The researchers say that individually many of the genetic variations they have identified play only a tiny role in raising the risk of passing schizophrenia down the generations.
However, Dr Shaun Purcell, from Harvard University, who co-led one of the three teams, said: "Cumulatively, they play a major role, accounting for at least one-third - and probably much more - of disease risk."
- By installing massive numbers of cameras and microphones and observing everything a family does around their child.
- I am amazed this isn't a hoax.
- Oh dear lord, the awfulness. And that's just the graphics on an Atari 2600!
- As seen on mythbusters. Very cool - if only I had a massive place to store it!
- A kinda-transcript of a discussion between the three of them.
- Wow. That's just. Wow.
- 7/7 for me! Had to guess two of them though.
- Previous research has suggested people who sleep less than five hours a night have an increased risk of dying from cardiovascular disease, compared to those who get the full eight hours.
The latest study found levels of a molecule called interleukin-6 (IL-6), which is known to trigger inflammation, were much lower in women who reported sleeping eight hours, compared to those who slept for seven hours.
Levels of another molecule, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) - which is linked to heart problems - were significantly higher in women who reported sleeping for five hours or less.
- The. Mind. Boggles.
- Must show this to a few people.
- Anyone care to point him at some real stats?
- Client sized image resizing. Very swish. Only works in Firefox 3.5 or Chrome.