- Because their bodies compensate - the results of what happened when a test group doubled their calorific intake, with vastly different results.
- It's nice to have one's beliefs shaken up occasionally - I was completely wrong on this one.
- The UK research, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry provides further evidence that the same traits do not begin and end there, but continue at into the whole population of children, just at a level which does not lead parents to seek medical help. Seeing autism as a "distinct illness" was probably wrong, they said. The findings confirmed that IQ was not an issue - the traits could be present regardless of levels of intelligence. Girls with autistic traits appeared to be able to compensate for social communication problems if they had sufficient "verbal IQ" - a natural ability to use language well.
- Depends on the shop that sells it to you and the quality of the meat they use...(tags: food)
- Nice little short story.
- Huzzah for sense!
- Ok, so not exactly new any more, but still delightfully accurate, if you haven't turned everything off...
- The Royal Society Digital Journal Archive, incorporating all content from 1665 to 2006, is easily the most comprehensive archive in science and contains some of the most significant scientific papers ever published.
(very funny, particularly the Jack Thompson reference)
I'm not one to bash Microsoft (I use Windows most of the time and code in Visual Studio) - so you can take it that I'm not being biased when I say this is the most clueless interview I have _ever_ seen with someone who is supposed to be the public face of a product.