- 1)Neil Gaiman once wrote a Nebula-winning story using only the middle row of his keyboard.
5)Neil Gaiman once did the New York Times crossword puzzle in pen. In fifteen minutes. He won two Hugo awards for it.
7)Most agents charge a 15% commission. Neil Gaiman's agent pays him an extra 15% for the privilege of saying "I'm Neil Gaiman's agent."
14)Neil Gaiman can tweet 175 characters.
- God Bless America!
- Does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Here, on a sleepy stretch of shoreline at the far end of Asia, is surely the biggest and most secretive gathering of ships in maritime history. Their numbers are equivalent to the entire British and American navies combined; their tonnage is far greater. Container ships, bulk carriers, oil tankers - all should be steaming fully laden between China, Britain, Europe and the US, stocking camera shops, PC Worlds and Argos depots ahead of the retail pandemonium of 2009. But their water has been stolen.
- Brad (creator of LJ, co-creator of PubSubHubbub) talks about the differences between the two. If you're a massive geek you've probably already read this.
- Oh for fuck's sake. Military person has fascination with military memorabilia from famous military conflict. Massive overreaction from employers.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 9-16-2009
FactCheck: What's behind the UK vaccination slowdown? (tags: UK vaccination ) China is building nuclear weapons. Here's why. (tags:…
I think Gideon likes me. (He just crawled the length of the room, climbed on to the sofa, and rested his head on my shoulder) Original is…
MPs condemn shocking conditions for asylum seekers in Dover (tags: UK asylum OhForFucksSake ) A brief history of The Yoghurt Wars (tags:…