- It's the Northeast Blackout of 1965 all over again!
- In which the person behind XKCD looks into the way men stand in toilets, and how to maximize and minimize their efficiency.
- Based on Joss Whedon's run. I'd love to know how much cheaper this is than doing a proper cartoon of the comic...
- Nice of them to make a stand.
- Fascinating lecture on what success means, and how to reframe it in order to be happier.
- They found use of the drugs oxytocin or ergometrine to cut the risk of haemorrhage was associated with an overall 7% decline in the proportion who started breastfeeding within 48 hours of giving birth.
Among women who were not given the drugs, two-thirds (65.5%) started breastfeeding within 48 hours of giving birth.
But among those given a shot of oxytocin the breastfeeding rate was 59.1%, and among those who were given an additional injection of ergometrine the rate fell to just 56.4%.
- How have I lived without this???
- Transitioning from sci-fi to reality as we speak...
- When things get bad, even the cocaine dealer starts cold-calling...
- Number 19 is on the way!
- I wish more shows were produced by pay-TV.
- Which might explain why sometimes you crave things you don't even like...
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 9-2-2009
I think Gideon likes me. (He just crawled the length of the room, climbed on to the sofa, and rested his head on my shoulder) Original is…
My ladies of the castle. Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
Sophia and Kimball play tug. Gideon is very impressed. Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments…