- That's the sword from Conan on the cabinet, and a scale model of a Terminator on the desk...
- Aaaargh! Aaaaargh! Aaaaargh!!!!!!!
- A new study which shows that simply holding a heavy object can affect the way we think. A simple heavy clipboard can makes issues seem weightier - when holding one, volunteers think of situations as more important and they invest more mental effort in dealing with abstract issues.
- Mitochondria turn out not to be irreducible. Huzzah!
- Only 53% of girls and 47% of boys born in August reached the expected educational level at age seven in state primary schools in England, compared with 80% and 70% of those born in September.
Their sporting prowess is affected too. Older children tend to be bigger and more confident, receive more encouragement, and their advantage grows over time.
- Funny little bit of SF. Funnier if you've read/seen The Time Machine.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 9-1-2009
Lord Chancellor, there is already a mechanism for the law to be changed: it is called Parliament (tags: law uk fascism ) Dolphins living off…
Six things the UK could do to tackle climate change (tags: globalwarming uk ) Real Names: the wrong tool for the wrong problem (tags: names…
Watch a marble drop through 100 animated scenes (tags: animation video ) Shortage nation: why the UK is braced for a grim Christmas (tags: UK…