- That's the sword from Conan on the cabinet, and a scale model of a Terminator on the desk...
- Aaaargh! Aaaaargh! Aaaaargh!!!!!!!
- A new study which shows that simply holding a heavy object can affect the way we think. A simple heavy clipboard can makes issues seem weightier - when holding one, volunteers think of situations as more important and they invest more mental effort in dealing with abstract issues.
- Mitochondria turn out not to be irreducible. Huzzah!
- Only 53% of girls and 47% of boys born in August reached the expected educational level at age seven in state primary schools in England, compared with 80% and 70% of those born in September.
Their sporting prowess is affected too. Older children tend to be bigger and more confident, receive more encouragement, and their advantage grows over time.
- Funny little bit of SF. Funnier if you've read/seen The Time Machine.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 9-1-2009
Covid in Scotland: 40-49 next to be vaccinated (including me!) (tags: vaccination Scotland pandemic age ) Cairngorms recreated in Minecraft…
Why do video games matter? 20 books every player should read (tags: games books ) Trying to weed out the good criticisms of Scott…
After five days of being back at nursery Sophia still complains that she has to go, but the complaint lasts about three seconds and is mollified by…