- That's the sword from Conan on the cabinet, and a scale model of a Terminator on the desk...
- Aaaargh! Aaaaargh! Aaaaargh!!!!!!!
- A new study which shows that simply holding a heavy object can affect the way we think. A simple heavy clipboard can makes issues seem weightier - when holding one, volunteers think of situations as more important and they invest more mental effort in dealing with abstract issues.
- Mitochondria turn out not to be irreducible. Huzzah!
- Only 53% of girls and 47% of boys born in August reached the expected educational level at age seven in state primary schools in England, compared with 80% and 70% of those born in September.
Their sporting prowess is affected too. Older children tend to be bigger and more confident, receive more encouragement, and their advantage grows over time.
- Funny little bit of SF. Funnier if you've read/seen The Time Machine.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 9-1-2009
The world's biggest jeweller, Pandora, says it will no longer sell mined diamonds and will switch to exclusively laboratory-made diamonds (tags:…
Sophia stroking Jim in bed at night. The other day I left her alone for a few minutes and came back to find him on her bed. She said "He's been…
What if Uber - but superheroes? (tags: superheroes business roleplaying ) Biden at 100 Days: Boring as a Secret Weapon (tags: politics usa )…