- Looking at how tax affects people in different income brackets - unsurprisingly the poor pay the highest percentage of their income in tax.
- They found a significant reduction in the integrity of the small particles that make up the structure of the uncinate fasciculus of psychopaths, compared to control groups of people with the same age and IQ. Also, the degree of abnormality was significantly related to the degree of psychopathy.
- They were shown a number of dots on a computer screen and asked which way they were moving. A proportion of dots moved noticeably to the left or right, while the others moved randomly.
The performance of the autism group was significantly below that of the others in both tests, leading researchers to speculate that there may be serious differences between the ability to process visual information.
- In which Peter Jackson goes back to Heavenly Creatures rather than all his elvish nonsense.
- I'll be going to see that then!
- As the dying music industry thrashes wildly in all directions, looking for a way to rake in the profits, the lawyers circle, ready to drink the last of its lifeblood.
- Beat addicts to death. It's the only way to be sure!
- A very short piece on what chickens are like in their natural habitat. Well worth a minute of your time.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 8-5-2009
There are lots of interesting questions raised by digital artwork. NFTs are not the answer to any of them. (tags: art technology blockchain…
Carbon neutral cement - by extracting lime from seawater (tags: co2 cement materials ) Middle Pleistocene fire use: The first signal of…
I think these people have opened a door into the void. Or the elemental plane of storms. Either way: don't! (tags: weather video ) Government…