- How to sort the elite from the rest of us.
- Damn that's impressive
- Comparing their facial measurements with the attractiveness ratings given to these faces by 114 participants, the researchers concluded that for women, it is only averageness that predicts perceived attractiveness - that is, the closer a woman's face to the average female face, the more highly attractive she was rated by participants. For male faces, by contrast, attractiveness was linked to both averageness and greater symmetry.
- The government plans to impose a 50 pence monthly levy on every phone and broadband line to fund the rollout of fibre to rural areas, it was announced today.
- "Among the routes of human exposure to estrogens, we are mostly concerned about cow's milk, which contains considerable amounts of female sex hormones," Ganmaa told her audience. Dairy, she added, accounts for 60 percent to 80 percent of estrogens consumed.
Part of the problem seems to be milk from modern dairy farms, where cows are milked about 300 days a year. For much of that time, the cows are pregnant. The later in pregnancy a cow is, the more hormones appear in her milk.
Milk from a cow in the late stage of pregnancy contains up to 33 times as much of a signature estrogen compound (estrone sulfate) than milk from a non-pregnant cow.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 6-17-2009
Today we rode a bear Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
1) On the way to nursery, not had time to brush my hair yet. 2) Cool, calm, and professional. Original is here on instagram. Original post…
Found another one of those nature sprites. Some kind of tree spirit, made visible by the fall of autumn leaves. Original is here on instagram.…