- This part happens all the time: A construction crew putting up an office building in the heart of Tysons Corner a few years ago hit a fiber optic cable no one knew was there.
This part doesn't: Within moments, three black sport-utility vehicles drove up, a half-dozen men in suits jumped out and one said, "You just hit our line."
Whose line, you may ask? The guys in suits didn't say, recalled Aaron Georgelas, whose company, the Georgelas Group, was developing the Greensboro Corporate Center on Spring Hill Road. But Georgelas assumed that he was dealing with the federal government and that the cable in question was "black" wire -- a secure communications line used for some of the nation's most secretive intelligence-gathering operations.
- In the grim future there is only WAAAARGH! And Nuclear Weapons, apparently.
- Get the lowdown on chemistry here, y'all.
- Very interesting to see how different languages stack up
- Warning - may put you off eggs
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 6-1-2009
The world's biggest jeweller, Pandora, says it will no longer sell mined diamonds and will switch to exclusively laboratory-made diamonds (tags:…
Sophia stroking Jim in bed at night. The other day I left her alone for a few minutes and came back to find him on her bed. She said "He's been…
What if Uber - but superheroes? (tags: superheroes business roleplaying ) Biden at 100 Days: Boring as a Secret Weapon (tags: politics usa )…