- The scans revealed that people who most value the company of others have, on average, more dense grey matter in two areas of the brain known as the orbitofrontal cortex and the ventral striatum.
- Excessive cola consumption can lead to anything from mild weakness to profound muscle paralysis, doctors are warning.
This is because the drink can cause blood potassium to drop dangerously low, they report in the International Journal of Clinical Practice.
They tell of the curious case of an Australian ostrich farmer who needed emergency care for lung paralysis after drinking 4-10 litres of cola a day.
- As usual - not available for 5 years...
- These sorts of dogged but diffident traits do not correlate well with education levels. C.E.O.'s with law or M.B.A. degrees do not perform better than C.E.O.'s with college degrees. These traits do not correlate with salary or compensation packages. Nor do they correlate with fame and recognition. On the contrary, a study by Ulrike Malmendier and Geoffrey Tate found that C.E.O.'s get less effective as they become more famous and receive more awards.
- New skin for all!
- The study demonstrated that the risk of depression was greatest amongst people who carry a genetic polymorphism of the C-reactive protein (CRP) gene
- Useful UK site for finding out what's on where.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 5-20-2009
FactCheck: What's behind the UK vaccination slowdown? (tags: UK vaccination ) China is building nuclear weapons. Here's why. (tags:…
MPs condemn shocking conditions for asylum seekers in Dover (tags: UK asylum OhForFucksSake ) A brief history of The Yoghurt Wars (tags:…
'A nightmare scenario': how an anti-trans Instagram post led to violence in the streets (tags: transgender LGBT riots USA OhForFucksSake )…