- ebook management and conversion.
- Wind farms and water pumping FTW!
- The Harvard commencement speech given by JK Rowling. Worth reading for the bit on Amnesty International alone - but even better with the gay wizard joke...
- I think I must be a philistine. I waded through them looking for something that sounded interesting, and was massively disappointed at the unlistenableness. (At least of the first lot - I gave up after a while).
- Here's one subtle, calculated technique that can be highly effective, as Mr Eley, of The Publican, explains. "When the bartender is scanning the sea of eager faces at the bar and trying to work out who is next, point to the person next to you," he says. "They will get served and then usually you will be next, the bar staff having acknowledged your impeccable etiquette."
- Very, very nicely written.
- The incidence of Hib meningitis has fallen 99%, from around 800 cases annually to a record low of 12 cases last year in under-fives. Meningitis C cases have also fallen from around 700 annually to less than one a year since a jab came in in 1999. Huzzah for vaccination!
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 4-26-2009
I think Gideon likes me. (He just crawled the length of the room, climbed on to the sofa, and rested his head on my shoulder) Original is…
My ladies of the castle. Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
Sophia and Kimball play tug. Gideon is very impressed. Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments…