- Strangely, doesn't succeed.
- That's the line from Haymarket to Granton. Shame really, it would have been good for the economy of that area.
- In case you were wondering(tags: dreamwidth)
- The most expensive ethernet cable in the world.
- Under Hime's system, village employees earn about a third less pay than public servants elsewhere in Japan, though they work the same hours. This has allowed the village to create more jobs: it now directly or indirectly employs a fifth of all working islanders. Most of the rest are engaged in fishing, also government-subsidized. In fact, village officials say, there are few fully private-sector jobs on the island.
- Ashkenazi Jews have a higher rate of some deadly genetic diseases -- and of high IQs. Scientists Gregory Cochran and Henry Harpending say that's no coincidence.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 4-24-2009
The relatives frozen in time on Google Street View (tags: time history death photos Google maps ) Peter Jackson's 6-hour Beatles…
Why The Two-Party System Is Wrecking American Democracy (tags: politics voting usa ) Ladies: What is a dead give-away, during sex, that a man…
The far-left origins of the far-right Spike.com (tags: politics history internet ) Scientists discover Earth's core is growing 'lopsided' -…