- Strangely, doesn't succeed.
- That's the line from Haymarket to Granton. Shame really, it would have been good for the economy of that area.
- In case you were wondering(tags: dreamwidth)
- The most expensive ethernet cable in the world.
- Under Hime's system, village employees earn about a third less pay than public servants elsewhere in Japan, though they work the same hours. This has allowed the village to create more jobs: it now directly or indirectly employs a fifth of all working islanders. Most of the rest are engaged in fishing, also government-subsidized. In fact, village officials say, there are few fully private-sector jobs on the island.
- Ashkenazi Jews have a higher rate of some deadly genetic diseases -- and of high IQs. Scientists Gregory Cochran and Henry Harpending say that's no coincidence.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 4-24-2009
Watch a marble drop through 100 animated scenes (tags: animation video ) Shortage nation: why the UK is braced for a grim Christmas (tags: UK…
Steam bans all blockchain and NFT games on its platform (tags: Steam cryptography money games ) Facebook claims to take down 94% of hate…
Christchurch Council to stop paying The Wizard $16,000 a year after 23 years on the payroll (tags: newzealand wizardry magic weird marketing…