- A team, including scientists from the Unilever company, have identified a class of nerve fibres in the skin which specifically send pleasure messages.
And people had to be stroked at a certain speed - 4-5cm per second - to activate the pleasure sensation.
- The survey of 2,060 people showed 55% believe in heaven, while 53% believe in life after death and 70% believe in the human soul.
It also suggested that nearly four in 10 people, 39%, believe in ghosts and 27% believe in reincarnation.
A further 22% believe in astrology or horoscopes and 15% believe in fortune telling or Tarot.
The think tank said the findings were "especially striking" when compared to the 1950s.
Then only 10% of the public told Gallup that they believed in ghosts and just 2% thought they had seen one.
In 1951, only 7% of people said they believed in predicting the future by cards and 6% by stars.
- With obligatory bloody stupid comment immediately afterwards.
- Wants no more than two children per family. Doesn't seem to realise that the UK is already below 1.75
- I have no idea where the truth lies here.
- Released in book form! Astounding!
- Like Rockstar Games? Like LA Confidential? You have permission to become unreasonably aroused...
- Let's see how well this one goes down...
- The apologies have won headlines and praise. Letters have poured in, lauding Wilson's courage. Strangers, black and white, have hailed him as a hero.
But Wilson doesn't feel like a hero. He feels confused. He cannot fully answer the lingering questions, the doubts. Where did all the hate come from? And where did it go?
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 4-13-2009
Lord Chancellor, there is already a mechanism for the law to be changed: it is called Parliament (tags: law uk fascism ) Dolphins living off…
Six things the UK could do to tackle climate change (tags: globalwarming uk ) Real Names: the wrong tool for the wrong problem (tags: names…
Waiting for dance class to begin. Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.