- His ex-wife is writing some stuff set in the Zones of Thought universe (Deepness In The Sky, Fire Upon The Deep). Sounds terribly intriguing.
- Those who thought about the questions abstractly were much more likely to procrastinate--and in fact some never got around to the assignment at all. By contrast, those who were focused on the how, when and where of doing the task e-mailed their responses much sooner. The authors note that "merely thinking about the task in more concrete, specific terms makes it feel like it should be completed sooner and thus reducing procrastination."
- *Crosses all of his fingers. Then goes and borrows other people's fingers*
- R.W. Goodwinâ”a former producer, writer and director on The X-Filesâ”has taken his love for 1950s sci-fi films and invested it into Alien Trespass, an independent movie made as if it were a rediscovered remnant from the Red Scare glory days. Goodwin produced and directed Alien Trespass, which is set in 1957 and begins when a fiery object from space crashes into a mountaintop in the California desert. Out of the flying saucer escapes a murderous creature: the Ghota, which is bent on destroying all life forms on the planet. A benevolent alien from the spaceship, Urp, inhabits the body of Ted Lewis (Eric McCormack), a local astronomer, who with the help of Tammy (Jenni Baird), a waitress from the local diner, sets out to save mankind.
- I knew it! *runs away*
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 1-13-2009
Behold the face of norovirus! (And stop reading now if you're squeamish) Tuesday night Sophia threw up at 01:30 and 02:30 and Gideon threw up…
Today we rode a bear Original is here on instagram. Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
1) On the way to nursery, not had time to brush my hair yet. 2) Cool, calm, and professional. Original is here on instagram. Original post…