- Motorola wins Xbox and Windows 7 ban in Germany. (The epic silliness continues)
(tags: motorola microsoft google patents )
- New report highlights north-south divide among UK voters
(tags: uk geography society politics )
- Edinburgh banning shops from selling more alcohol - except to nice, middle class, well-off people.
(tags: alcohol edinburgh classism money )
- European Court decides that you cannot copyright a language or API, and that reverse engineering is a-ok
(tags: europe eu software copyright epicwin )
- The world's population by latitude and longitude
(tags: geography population visualization maps )
- School maths should be more practical, say teenagers (There should be practical maths and theoretical maths)
(tags: mathematics education )
- The Cab Ride I’ll Never Forget - a touching story.
(tags: life death memory taxi )
- UK Government to make UK research available to all for free.
(tags: uk government freedom free academia research )
- TeamViewer - for simply remote controlling PCs. (Mostly so I can find it next time I need it)
(tags: software windows remoteaccess remote tools )
- Student abandoned in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive.
(tags: wtf EpicFail drugs police )
- Game of Thrones credits get lego version
(tags: video GameOfThones lego )
- Meet the guy who made it hard to open packets of crisps
(tags: glue packaging crisps )
- The Dr Who theme music, as played on country-style steel guitar. I demand this be used in the next season!
(tags: viaPhilmoPhlegm drwho guitar )
- EA makes a game it sold people unplayable, then decides this was a really fucking stupid idea.
(tags: ea games iphone )
- I'm Giving Up Reading for a Year.
(tags: reading satire internet blogging )
- Wealthy Americans queue up to surrender US passports in Bern
(tags: usa tax immigration switzerland )
- Electoral Fraud in London: 'They knock on the door and ask us to give them our ballot papers'
(tags: politics fraud uk london )
- Most people still watch TV at the time it's broadcast, but increasingly while reading Facebook. Fascinating survey results.
(tags: survey tv internet media facebook )
- Dads - spend three hours per day with your kids and your testosterone drops. (which helps you live longer!)
(tags: testosterone children fatherhood )
- Electronic eye replacements are now being trialled. Welcome to your cyberpunk future.
I hope the essence loss isn't too high.
(tags: eyes cybernetics thefuture )
- Genes may explain why some people turn their noses up at pork
(tags: pork food genetics smell meat )
- Journalist shocked to discover that being asked to lose weight for a role isn't just a female thing.
(tags: men women weight movies acting JasonSegel )
- Tunisia fines TV channel owner over the movie Persepolis (which you should all see)
(tags: movies tunisia religion freespeech blasphemy islam )
- Android Piracy Is Huge Problem for Game Devs (10 pirates for every paying customer)
(tags: piracy copyright games android )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.