- Ken Clarke defends secret courts. I, of course, think they're an awful idea.
(tags: law secrecy security_theatre uk )
- 6 Things Rich People Need to Stop Saying
(tags: money income society )
- Jews in Scotland may be disenfranchised by a Saturday vote.
Is there a reason why voting has to happen on one day? Give people a week to vote, with daily updates on the ongoing count!
(tags: voting uk scotland independence jews )
- Kids born later in the year more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD
(tags: adhd diagnosis children )
- Govt. agencies, colleges demand applicants' Facebook passwords. (And they can, frankly, fuck off)
(tags: facebook privacy employment usa )
- Dammit, I find myself largely in agreement with esr on Hollywood, piracy and the internet
(tags: censorship politics freedom )
- A man who informed police when he found child abuse images on his computer has not been allowed to be alone with his daughter for four months.
(tags: uk Child_abuse )
- How I became Amazon’s pitchman for a 55-gallon drum of personal lubricant on Facebook
(tags: lubricant facebook amazon advertising )
- On Writers Block
(tags: neilgaiman writing )
- I hadn't realised that Gillian Anderson stood on a box for The X-Files
(tags: GillianAnderson x-files tv )
- Either be offensive, or don't be offensive. Being offensive and then pretending you weren't is just dumb.
(tags: humour offensive )
- Rather than a mansion tax we should be sorting out council tax
(tags: tax uk housing )
- Romney vs Mr Burns - can you tell which quote belongs to which one?
(tags: simpsons politics usa )
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.